Winter is not really my favourite time of year. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind a decent snowfall now and again, but this constant grey cold slush thing drags me down. When my front yard looks like a grey dirty mess that can’t decide if it’s going to melt away or not, I find myself starting to daydream about being somewhere warm and sandy. Which is why I’ve been doing a little vacation window shopping, checking out some of the Thomas Cook Kids First, Kid Reviewed Parent Approved vacation spots. And frankly I was a bit shocked at the places that were on their “kid approved” list of family vacation spots.
Because this is most certainly not typically what comes to mind when I think family vacation… This is the Iberostar Rosehall Suites in Jamaica, one of the family friendly all inclusive vacation package spots that Thomas Cook features. Stunning, isn’t it?
|Image from www.thomascook.ca|
I’ve been poking around the Thomas Cook Kids First Family Vacations site, drooling over the photos and finding 7 nights, all inclusive vacation packages including airfare for under $5000. Which is far cheaper then I thought this sort of resort vacation would run for a family of four!
One of my favourite features of the website is the way that they highlight reasons “Why your family will love it” under each resort. For example under Azul Beach some of the family friendly features they list includes:
- Upon arrival, milkshakes and Kinder Surprise chocolates await the kids, and champagne for the adults.
- Your kids won’t want to leave the Azulitos Play House, luckily there is a Fisher-Price® toy lending program allowing kids to take their favourite toy back to their room in the evening.
- All the restaurants are equipped with highchairs and fully stocked with Gerber baby food.
- With cribs, baby baths, baby robes, monitors, bottle warmers, sterilizers and even strollers, Azul truly provides a worry-free space.
- The evening entertainment is guaranteed to please. Don’t miss the Fire show!
- With Family and Family Swim-Up Suites, there are spacious and child-friendly accommodation options to meet your needs.
And then there’s the bonus package that you get when you book a Thomas Cook Kids First Vacation….
The package includes some really awesome extras such as:
* a $50 prepaid Visa
* a $25 Indigo gift card
* a $25 Shoppers Drug Mart gift card
* Park ‘n Fly savings
* free seat selection
* airport lounge pass
* 1 year subscription to Today’s Parent
* kids vacation activity & colouring book
all of which adds up to over $500 in value.
Can you see why I’m totally tempted to book a vacation?
Disclosure: I received compensation for this post. As always my words and opinions are my own.