Bubby’s Cherry Squares
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 45 min
Total time: 1 hour
Yields: One 13×9 baking dish full, cuts into about 16 squares.
1 cup margarine
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1 cup finely chopped nuts (pecans are my favourite)
1-19 oz. can of cherry pie filling (I use E.D.Smith)
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Grease the bottom of a 13×9 baking dish.
3. Using an electric mixer, cream the margarine & sugar together until light and fluffy.
4. Beat in the vanilla & the eggs.
5. Add the flour and nuts and beat just long enough to mix.
6. Spread 3/4 of the batter evenly in the 13×9 baking dish.
7. Then spread the pie filling evenly over top of the batter.
8. Finally, drop the remaining batter by spoonfuls over top.
9. Bake at 325°F for 45 minutes.
10. Cool on a rack then store UNCOVERED in the fridge.
I’ve eaten these before and they are SO yummy.
Now that I realize how simple the recipe is, I’m going to have to make some myself.