I’ve really been enjoying reading your entries in the BMO Eco Mortgage $50 RONA gift card giveaway. Plenty of you are planning on new windows, energy star appliances, or a new furnace – which would definitely help in qualifying for the BMO Eco Energy Mortgage, but there have also been some really unique suggestions.
Some of the more interesting ones:
* Install low flow shower heads and taps.
* Wash everything in cold water.
* Use a little toaster oven instead of the full-sized stove.
* Catch the tap water while waiting for it to get hot and use it to water plants.
* Unplug everything electrical when it’s not in use.
* Install energy efficient lighting.
I have to say you guys have some fantastic ideas on how to save energy (and money!) I particularly love the idea of using the toaster oven over the full-sized stove. It’s never occurred to me to think of that as an energy savings. Brilliant stuff guys! Thanks for the tips!
If you haven’t gotten around to it yet – you’ve got until Sunday to share your plans to make your home more energy efficient and enter for a chance at a $50 RONA gift card.