Tis the season (to be streaming!).
As I’ve mentioned before, my girls are attending a French immersion grade school and I’ve been trying to encourage them to watch French language cartoons and kids’ shows at home. Sometimes they are excited to watch cartoons in French and sometimes they get frustrated with their inability to understand every word. The 5th grader, in particular, is quick to throw her hands up and say, “No. This is too difficult!”
My own French is um… rusty, at best. I figure if I can stumble through an episode or two en français, so can my 10-year-old, who is far, far, more fluent in French than I.
With the holidays coming up Netflix has, of course, released a plethora of Christmas content, including a good chunk of family movies and kids’ shows with the French language option. So being the sneaky mom that I am, I’m trying to cash in on my kids Christmas excitement as an enticement to get them to watch more shows in French.
After hunting around a bit, here’s the list I came up with of Christmas themed family movies, cartoons and kids’ shows you can watch in French:
- A Christmas Prince (PG)
- A StoryBots Christmas
- Casper’s Haunted Christmas
- Christmas is Here Again
- Dreamworks Holiday Classics
- Dreamworks Home: Home For The Holidays
- Elf (specifically says Canadian French)
- Happy Holidays from Madagasgar
- How Sarah Got Her Wings (PG)
- Kung Fu Panda: Holiday
- Marvel Super Hero Adventures: Frost Fight!
- My Little Pony: A Very Minty Christmas
- Power Rangers: Megaforce: Robo Knight Before Christmas
- Power Rangers Super Samurai: Stuck on Christmas
- Santa Pac’s Merry Berry Day
- Scrooged (PG)
- Shrek the Halls
- The Koala Brothers Outback Christmas
- The Legend of Frosty the Snowman
- Timmy Time: Timmy’s Christmas Surprise
Enough to keep us busy through the holiday break and beyond!
If you’re looking for more French language content to stream, check out this post where I give detailed tips on how to find French language content on Netflix (and also provide a current list of over 100 cartoons and kids’ shows that you can watch in French).
|Disclosure: I am a member of the Netflix #StreamTeam, and as such, they ask that I share my thoughts on what is streaming on Netflix. As always my words and opinions are my own.