I recently had the chance to try out Ivory‘s line of body washes. Ivory‘s body washes come in Lavender, Aloe, Waterlilly and Simply Ivory scents. My fav of the bunch is the Lavender, though the Water Lilly is a close second. And I have to say Water Lilly is not a scent I expected to enjoy. I was pleasantly surprised. All of the Ivory body washes have a clean, pleasant, scent. It’s a light scent, not overpowering. They smell natural, not artificial and cloying. (And you guys all know how much I hate stinky stuff.) They also suds up nice. Overall, a great body wash that leaves my skin feeling soft and clean.
Ivory Canada is encouraging Canadians to take back simple moments and enjoy what’s most important in life with the relaunch of its basic line up of soaps and body washes.
Here’s a stat I can readily believe. In a recent national survey, more then 40% of Canadians admitted they lack time in their lives to enjoy what’s most important to them. Ivory surveyed Canadians asking them which tasks make their lives the most complicated and here’s what they said:
– Financial management/budgeting (44 per cent)
– Household chores (41 per cent)
– Preparing meals (28 per cent)
|With a formula that is 99.4% pure,|
Ivory stands for all things
pure, clean and simple.
Which one is your Achilles heel? For me the answer would
definitely be household chores! It’s ridiculous how much time I spend
trying to keep up with the mess my kids make.
As a brand that stands for all things pure, clean and simple, Ivory wants to help encourage Canadians to make time for what they want to do, not just what they have to do. They’ve asked France Hutchison, professional life coach and author, for some suggestions.
Here’s her tips on how to take back simple moments:
- Take two minutes to dance, jump and move your body – every hour. A sedentary lifestyle makes our body and our mind sluggish. Every hour, take the time to stand up, stretch and walk a little faster. This will awaken the quality of your consciousness.
- Take a moment this week to celebrate with your children, your spouse, and most importantly, have fun!: We often wait for a special occasion to get together and celebrate. Take a moment to celebrate your successes and enjoyable moments, and to thank the people around you who have a positive impact on your life. See how your tension and minor worries disappear.
- Give a hug to your friends and family: To love and feel appreciated makes our heart happy. A hug is productive when we hold the other person in our arms and our breathing is slow and deep. Practice your hugs while breathing deeply, you will notice a feeling of calm and happiness comes over you.
- Remove the word “no” from your vocabulary — say yes to three people today: Be receptive to positive vibes; say yes to three people today. For example, because of your job you have been putting off lunch with a close friend, say yes to lunch today. Take a moment to read your favourite novel, say yes when your child asks you to play ball. Take 30 minutes to savour the pleasure of sharing a moment with a loved one. Say YES!
- While washing your face with Ivory soap in the morning, smile and tell yourself that you feel wonderful and you are beautiful: A smile has a ripple effect. When you smile at people, it brightens their day as well as yours.
Thought up your own tips? Looking for inspiration? Visit Ivory’s Facebook page and join in the conversation about taking back simple moments.
Eager to try out Ivory‘s new line up? Ivory‘s bar soaps in Simply Ivory and Aloe, and body washes in Lavender, Aloe, Waterlily and Simply Ivory plus liquid hand soap in Simply Ivory are available online at Well.ca and in most grocery and drug stores.
One lucky Maple Leaf Mommy Reader
is going to win an assortment from
Ivory‘s current product line-up
This giveaway is open to Canada only.
Please be patient, the entry form may take a moment to load. Need help?
Check out this 50 second tutorial on how to enter my giveaways via Rafflecopter.
Disclosure: I received an assortment of Ivory soaps to sample. As always my words and opinions are my own.